Tuesday, June 28, 2005

acceptance...

Page 449 in the Big Book of AA says that "...acceptance is the answer to all my problems today." So I accept this person in my life for who they are. But that doesn't seem to help how I let them effect me. How can I let someone, who I feel means little to me, (oh I'm so going to hell for saying that) bother me so much? Please, someone tell me, why do I let them continuously draw me in? Perhaps the answer is to not have them in my life. Is that an answer? To simply shut someone out?

Page 449 also says , "I need to concentrate not so much what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in my and in my attitudes." So today I'm focusing on changing my attitude. Which I'm not sure which attitude I'm to change, but I'm working on it no matter.

* I need to insert a caviat that I am not talking about my partner in this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home