Tuesday, July 05, 2005

5th of July

Well, the long weekend is over. How I wish it wasn't so. Although, I would say that any day I had to come back to work.

My Independence Weekend was wonderful! (Aside from the bones showing through the scrape on my leg and the knee that's the size of a melon.) The weekend started with a very long drive to Portland on Friday day. I was the driver, and thank god for Diet Coke and cigarettes to keep me going. One bathroom break, one stop at the Plaid Pantry, one wrong exit, one circle around the block and four hours later, we arrived at the Jupiter Hotel. Now, when I say hotel, think more of a converted Motorlodge. Ugh! About the only upside to the place was watching everyone else's expressions as they drove up. Alas, they were next to Doug Fir, which apparently is a "hipster" place. So I went directly to the bar, did not pass Go and definitely did not collect $200. This helped my attitude immensely.

Sat and Sunday were filled with softball games. Lots of wins, very few losses and all of it exhausting but fun. I realize now that too many amusing things happened and to describe them all would be a mistake for you and me. So I'll stop now, and keep the rest for a more intimate conversation if I see you before I forget. (which will be tomorrow)

Oh, I do want to mention that I got asked to play with the first place league team at the World Series in San Diego. I'm very honored and excited. However, it's a week long series in Aug, which means lots o' money and vacation time. Perhaps I'll win a fortune in my trip to Vegas this month and wont have to worry about either. Yeah... that's the ticket.

With that I bid you adieu, and stay independent.

1 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

Wow! Congrats on getting asked to play. That's awesome. Hopefully all goes well and you can go. I'd donate some money for you to go, but seeing as I'm broke, I don't don't think that's possible. You'll have a better chance trying to win the big pot o' money in Vegas.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home