Yet another reason...
to lose weight.
I was on the bus this morning. As usual I was trying to look at everything, yet nothing. I happened to end up focusing on the emergency exit on the roof of the bus. You know, the ones that in case of emergency, you push up and pop out to escape. (If only my office had one of those) Anyhow, I realized that a larger person - meaning myself if I don't start whipping myself into shape, would not fit through the alotted square footage. What if the bus was burning away, overturned, wrecked beyond belief, the only way out was a 3' x 3' exit... and I didn't do my pilates last week and got my head through there and realize the rest of me is not going to fit? Good god, that's a terrible thought.
If someone were desperate enough to attempt to squeeze through the exit and got stuck, I would not find it amusing like when Pooh got stuck in his door and Rabbit was inside.
I must remain smaller than a 3' x 3' square.

4 Comments:
I really don't have anything to say but...I love this post!
I love the way you think. Cracks me up. When are you going to crank out a sitcom?
After re-reading this post, I realized that at least on busses, they do have emergency exits for those that are bigger than a 3x3 square. That's what the red handles near the windows are for. Kind of related to this is that one day I was on the bus but was annoyed because unbeknownst to me the window near my seat wouldn't close. I didn't realize this until the bus made a turn and the window almost flung open. The only way to close it is to push it out first,then let go and let it slam shut. Well, I didn't want to draw attention to myself, or the window, and I tried to close it without really slamming it. When that didn't work, I tried to hold it closed everytime the bus made a big turn and the window would try to open wide again. Kinda scary when you look at it...I could've fallen out of a Metro bus through the emergency window exit. I'm done rambling now. Carry on.
okay, my point was... what if the bus was laying on its side, where one side of windows was facing the ground and the other was covered by a burning car? huh? huh? what would you do then? you would HAVE to go though the 3 X 3 square!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home