why we really use coasters...
Last night I found out the newest reason that there are coasters in lounges.
Place: Bernards
Time: 6ish
Environment: Seedy
The waitress came over and asked if my friend and I would like another round. I have no idea what number we were on at this point, but it was decided that (duh) we would have another. My friend however, wanted something a little on the lighter side, so she inquired about options. As those two proceeded to talk about light beers, which I have no interest in, I was finishing up my pint of beer and pretty much tuning out.
All of a sudden I hear the waitress say, in a firm yet pleading voice, "Use the coaster!" Now I slowly come back to reality and thought, this is either a) a joke b) a pick up line c) a way to try to get a bigger tip, and immediately laughed.
But like a good girl, I put the glass on the coaster and inquired as to why it was so important to use a coaster. Her response in a deadpan voice was, "I hate that noise it makes on the table."
Um.. okay, so.... I can only assume I continued laughing at her, although that would seem pretty rude, so I probably just responded with something like, "Really, huh." But I do know that my friend and I had a really good laugh once she left our immediate area.
Who knew? Use you're coasters folks.

1 Comments:
Oh. My. Strange girl.
Post a Comment
<< Home