Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My cat is a princess dog...

My cat, who is conveniently named Cat, truly believes she is a princess, and I truly believe she is part dog. I know this because of the following evidence:

Princess traits
1. When Cat eats, she pulls food out of her bowl with her paw one piece at a time, so as not to have to stick her face in her bowl.

2. She sleeps anywhere on the bed she likes. Whether it's the exact place where I want to put my legs, or on my chest looking me in the face, she chooses, and plays dead when you try to move her.

3. Cat has a penthouse. The top shelf where my towels used to be stored is now hers.

4. Cat only likes really cold water. AND, if it's not from the toilet, it has to be filtered water.

5. If you get up from the couch or bed, she thinks you just sat there to warm it up for her. Don't plan on getting your spot back.

6. She has to be center of attention. If you are working on the computer, she will walk back and forth over the keyboard. If you are watching tv, she will come sit on you. If you are going to the bathroom, she will come visit. If you are eating, she will sit on the table and watch you.

Dog traits
1. She climbs door frames. Literally she claws her way up the side of a door frame to the top, looks around and climbs back down. And when I say climb, I actually mean run, jet, sprint, scream...

2. Cat likes to be pet/scratched on her belly. Therefore, she'll flop down in front of you with her legs in the air. Now, not only is this not convenient if you aren't paying attention to her and still walking forward, it's also not convenient when she does this as she brings a bit of princess in and flops AWAY from you so you have to move to pet her. She will never flop in front of you where it's easy for you to reach.

3. She doesn't care where she is, she will barf up a hairball. Although I have to give her credit for only doing it on the floor.

4. When Cat finds her perfect place to plant herself at night, she turns in circles like a dog before finally plopping down.

But... reasons why I still love my Princess Dog:

1. She a cheap date. She's would rather play with a water bottle cap than any expensive toy I could have bought her.

2. I believe she is a smoker, since she comes and sits with me when I do smoke.

3. She greets me in the hallway when I get home. (although watch out for the flopping)

4. She doesn't judge when my clothes don't match.

2 Comments:

Blogger janie said...

Wow, this is an amazing post. It totally explains some of the stuff my cat is doing. He's a princess! But not as much of a princess as your kitty - sheesh! :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger lloyd said...

"Hehehe" seems like an appropriate comment - 'cause you're funny...

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home