Stranger on my porch
Last night I watched a movie with Melissa. It was called Book of Love. It was a free one on Comcast On Demand. Of course, having it be free I wasn't sure what we were going to get. It was a very odd movie. Not terrible, not great, just... was. The ending was more realistic, which many times is not climatic, so I wasn't sure how to react to the ending.
Anyhow, as we were laying on the couch watching this movie, I saw a figure between the slats of my sliding glass door blinds. It was a larger women wearing a red shirt. At first this did not seem odd as the sliding door is actually the front door for my friends. However, the woman did not knock or look in the door at all, but she was definitely doing something.
So Melissa and I jumped (relatively speaking as she has a hurt back and I have a hurt leg) off the couch and went to the door. As we opened the door, the women had our mop (I say "our" even though I have no idea why the mop is out there or even if it is my mop) in her hand. She appeared to be trying to shake the plastic bag off the end, which was tied on. Upon further examination, the woman was obviously drunk and/or high and was not well kept.
Once Melissa poked her head out of the door, the red shirt woman simply looked at her and said, "I guess I'll leave this hear for you", set the mop back in place and wandered off toward the street via the grassy area.
Stranger things have happened I suppose, but this one takes the cake for yesterday. I guess the moral of this blog is...
Don't leave your mop on your back porch.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home