Thursday, January 19, 2006

2006

Well, here it is... 2006 and I'm off and running. The nice thing about any new year is that I get to start it off with my annual trip to the Palm Springs softball tournament. Nicole has somehow convinced me and half the team for the last three years that Las Vegas is "on the way" to Palm Springs. It really isn't that hard to convince me, so alas, we ventured off last wed morning, and when I say morning, I mean 6 am flight, UGH!

Overall, the trip was fabulous, although there were flash flood warnings in Palm Springs the weekend we were there, which meant overcast and sprinkles. Oye. They all blamed the Seattle-ites. But we got to see Eric McCormack (Will from Will & Grace) having dinner. No one took the bet to run up and get an autograph from him. But it was fun to gossip about the fact that he was having dinner with a woman, who wasn't his wife! Ha. And speaking of dinner, I had THE BEST meal I've had in years at The Chophouse in Palm Springs. If you're a steakhouse lover and your ever in PS, you must eat there. Hey, if the stars eat there it's gotta be good right?

Nicole drove from LV to PS and back. I had forgotten how bad of a driver she is. Well, she's not really bad bad, just erratic. We took this beautiful back road path through Joshua Tree park. However, it's one lane highway with lots of curves. Nicole makes it her mission to get to the top possible speed between the corners and then break to take the corner. So needless to say, the drive wasn't very calming. She also has a problem with driving straight. Not sure how that works, but perhaps it's because she isn't straight. *shrug*

And for those that want to know if I hit the jackpot, I am back at work so no, I did not hit any jackpot. Except at the vending machine in the hotel. I put $2 in the machine to get a water, grumbling about paying for water, but I was soooo thirsty. Anyhow, my water came down the machine and I turned to go when I heard another one come down. Wow, very cool. So I turned and got that water, when another water came down. I suspiciously looked around for a candid camera when another water came down! Four of them! Jackpot! There was a gentleman walking down the hallway, and I was laughing so hard I had to tell him the story and offer him a water. It was comedy. Until Nicole went to get a water at 3 am after 15 hours of drinking and the water was out. HA!

All in all, if you want to start your new year out with a bang, any of you are welcome to join us Crazy Bitches in our annual Vegas / Palm Springs trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home